The Basics of Food Storage is a practical guide from the experience of a lifelong self-reliance advocate.
This book shares simple yet practical knowledge which covers all aspects of starting a food storage program.
This guide to food storage has over 25 chapters covering things like:
- How to Build Emergency Food Storage for Only $10 A Week
- Types of Food Storage Systems and Options
- How to Make Your Freezer Last Without Electricity
- How to Use Mylar Bags for Bulk Food Storage
- How to Vacuum Seal Food Without a Machine
- Long-Term Water Storage: Tips for Storing Water for Disasters
- Wheat Grinding Basics: Types of Wheat Grinders
- How to Make Sun Dried Tomatoes
- and much more …
The handbook is suited to preppers and homesteaders and those just wanting ideas for simple DIY solutions to become a little more ready for disasters.
Over the years I have tried all manner of way to increase my stored food supply to enhance my family’s safety. I have spent a ton of money on gimmicks and inventions as well as expensive gourmet food. I now settle on a hybrid system based on the inexpensive staples in the LDS food storage system backed up by a deep larder pantry of foods my family eats daily. This gives me a lot of bang for the buck and know that you could do much worse than the systems described in this document.