The Complete Tightwad Gazette is along-awaited complete compendium of tightwad tips for fabulous frugal living!
In a newsletter published from May 1990 to December 1996 as well as in three enormously successful books, Amy Dacyczyn established herself as the expert of economy.
Now The Complete Tightwad Gazette brings together all of her best ideas and thriftiest thinking into one volume, along with new articles never published before in book format.
Dacyczyn describes this collection as “the book I wish I’d had when I began my adult life.” Packed with humor, creativity, and insight, The Complete Tightwad Gazette includes hundreds of tips and topics, such as:
- Travel for tightwads
- How to transform old blue jeans into potholders and quilts
- Ten painless ways to save $100 this year
- Picture-framing for pennies
- A comparison of painting versus re-siding your house
- Halloween costumes from scrounged materials
- Thrifty window treatments
- Ways to dry up dry-cleaning costs
- Inexpensive gifts
- Creative fundraisers for kids
- Slashing your electric bill
- Frugal fix-its
- Cutting the cost of college
- Moving for less
- Saving on groceries
- Gift-wrapping for tightwads
- Furniture-fusion fundamentals
- Cheap breakfast cereals
- Avoiding credit card debt
- Using items you were about to throw away (milk jugs, plastic meat trays, and more!)
The Complete Tightwad Gazette also contains recipes galore, from penny-pinching pizza to toaster pastries¸ And much much more . . .