We have made a Kale Chips Post before, kinda like the multiple brandied strawberry posts. However the first time I showed this William was a baby, and when Genny went to make this on Sunday William wanted to participate.
With WT wanting to cook with mommy, and Genny needing content for her Healthy Life group on facebook (its secret so you have to ask her to join) we decided to just go and tape him messing in the kitchen.
William is much more fun to watch than I am, even if he doesn’t really follow direction well.
We used the same recipe as out original post, because this is the one she always uses, but because the salad spinner go broken in an “experiment” Genny got creative and used a hair drier to fry her kale.
You don’t need to dry the kale, but the drier it is the crispier the result and soggy greens are not “chips”
To make kale chips:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Pull Kale leaves from the stem and put in a pot.
- Ensure the kale bits are rather large.
- Add olive oil one teaspoon at a time and toss to cover. You want to cover the leaves but with the smallest amount of oil possible. Otherwise instead of crispy the leaves will be gooey.
- Mix in black pepper or other desired seasonings
- Put parchment paper on a cookie sheet
- Spread oiled kale in a single level on the cookie sheet
- Cook for 7 minutes
- Flip and cook for an additional 5 minutes