Refrigerator Pickles are crazy easy to make. They are a great first pickle to experiment making.
They are made with few ingredients, don’t require fancy equipment, and are simple to put together.
Besides all of that, they taste great.
Just about anyone can make them and it is pretty easy to keep a batch of refrigerator pickles developing in the fridge on a constant basis.
Once you make them you can turn them into koolicles if you want but even without fruit punch flavor these pickles are hard to beat.
How to Make Refrigerator Pickles:
- 1 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 cups sliced cucumbers
- 1 cup sliced onions
- sliced peppers (if desired)
- tablespoon pickling spice (if desired – omit if peppers are added)
- First, Bring vinegar, salt and sugar to a boil using a medium saucepan over medium heat,
- Next, boil until the sugar has dissolved, about 10 minutes.
- Then, place the cucumbers, onions and green bell peppers/pickling spice in a large bowl.
- Pour the vinegar mixture over the vegetables.
- Finally, transfer to sterile containers and store in the refrigerator.
Pickles are ready in about 2 days.